Country: New Zealand
Occupation: Spin doctor
Member since: Jan 2004
Web site: http://iainmaclean.zenfolio.com/
I live in the little seaside village, Pukerua Bay, north of Wellington, with my wife and varying numbers of my adult children. We’ve been here for 30 years. I help run the local youth football club, chair the local residents association and walk the coastline when I can. Seriously into listening to music. Slightly obsessed with photography.
- At the movies I like to see: Like most middle-aged men, I like nothing better than a good romantic comedy. Seriously.
- Last movie seen: Baby Driver.
- Music I listen to: Electronic mostly, also good ‘alternative’ rock, raga and hip hop.
- Best album right now: ‘Muunduja’ by Maarja Nuut and Ruum
- Last book read: ‘The Unsettling of America’ by Wendell Barry
- Best game right now: Football. Always.
- Favorite sports team: Wellington Phoenix (New Zealand ‘All Whites’ during the World Cup)
- I’m passionate about: Music & photography
- I wish I could: …get the simple things right
- Favorite travel destination: Far from the madding crowd
- On my vacation I: …irritate my family by always stopping to take photos
- If I won 1 million dollars, I would: Pay off the mortgage, donate to charity, kick back and work for fun
- If I were a super hero I would: Destroy all the world’s weapons (like the robot Gort in ‘The Day The Earth Stood Still’)
- Fashion I rather not see again: Kaftans, leg warmers, New Romantic
- I want my coffee: No thanks
- Food I like: Thai, Indian
- I don’t like: Bullies
- Software I use: Linux (Suse), Kmail, OpenOffice, Amarok, Opera
- Hardware I use: No-name PC, Mac Airbook, Nikon D200